Monday, December 6, 2010

Revision, revision, revision

For this assignment, we had to pick a piece of writing that we have already written in class and then revise it into a new piece of writing. I took an in class writing and turned it into a narrative. It was on my trip to Disney World. I am really glad that I decided to use this as my prompt. It is fun to write about and I enjoy writing it. The most important revision that I made was to change my introduction. My first two draft began with my saying how it was bitter sweet, because no on in my family went on the trip with me, it was just friends. Then ofter the peer editing in class, everyone that read my paper was unsure with how that introduction fit in with the rest of my writing. In the end I went with just focusing on how great the trip was and not the bitter sweet factor that played into it.

1 comment:

  1. That's a neat idea. Using something you really like makes the whole thing easier. That was a good choice to include the good. Sometimes including the bad can make the reader not want to read the essay. Sounds like you did well!

    ReplyDelete