Monday, October 11, 2010
Research
When I am researching a topic for a paper, it takes me forever. I will go to the library, email teachers, look through pages of databases (most often infotrac). I try to look at everything I can and I am not very fast at sorting through information. It always stresses me out, because I want to make sure that what I am looking for is the same thing that my teacher would be looking for. In the end it usually works out right, but it is not a nice clear-cut road to get there. In the complete opposite direction of scholarly writing research, when I just want to know a fast fact I will go straight to google, press the "I feel lucky" button and hope for the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have the same problems with research papers: stress, can't find information, takes a while. I usually don't even use the library so this will be a learning experience. I hope your paper turns out well. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWe should write a paper together, my problem is once I find the infromation, I have a hard time breaking it down and putting it in my own writing. There are so many things running through my mind on what to write I loose my train of thought all the time. I enjoy google as well, it takes all the thinking out of the paper because google sometimes does all the work for you.
ReplyDelete