Monday, October 18, 2010
Academic writing vs. non academic writing
I don't think that I really enjoy academic writing. When I was younger English was always my favorite school subject, but now I find that to be less true. I wonder if this is a result of the type of writing that I have to now do in school. When you are younger, generally you are allowed to turn any piece of writing into something fun. Now I just feel like it is hassle. It is just one more thing that needs to get done after going to class, work, and everything else that a typical day brings. It is really hard to find the fun in writing when you are so dependent on the grade that will eventually be attached to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I couln't agree more. To me, as one progresses through the various levels of academic writing, there appear to be more and more "restrictions" and guidelines that need to be followed. I understand that it is part of the cirriculum but the fact remains that putting restrictions on something that is meant to be free flowing is contradictory.
ReplyDeleteI've found academic writing to be easier for me. I'm the type of person that doesn't like to write about anything really, so having guidlines gives me something to go for. I'm just wierd that way.
ReplyDelete